AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is urging Texans to keep safety a top priority as they prepare for this year’s Spring Break. Texans should be mindful that increased traffic often accompanies Spring Break, so the department is urging drivers to obey all traffic laws and use extra caution when driving during the next few weeks.
Additionally, DPS troopers and local law enforcement in the coastal areas of Texas will be enhancing enforcement efforts during Spring Break, watching for speeders, drunk drivers and seat-belt violators.
Share Your News! SeagovilleGazette.com accepts Engagement, Wedding, Anniversary, Birth Announcements, Fundraisers, Community Events, Military News, Club/Organization Meetings, Obituaries and much more! Submit Your News today!
DPS offers the following tips for safe travel during the Spring Break holiday:
• Do not drink and drive. Make alternate travel plans if you are consuming alcohol.
• Slow down – especially in bad weather, construction areas, heavy traffic and unfamiliar areas.
• Eliminate distractions while driving, including the use of mobile devices.
• Buckle up everyone in the vehicle – it’s the law.
• Slow down or move over for police, fire, EMS and Texas Department of Transportation vehicles and tow trucks stopped on the side of the road with emergency lights activated – it’s the law. Also, show the same courtesy to fellow drivers stopped along the road.
• Drive defensively, as holiday travel may present additional challenges.
• Don’t drive fatigued – allow plenty of time to reach your destination.
• If you see a road hazard or if you observe anything suspicious, report it to the nearest law enforcement agency.
• Before your trip begins, make sure your vehicle is properly maintained and always double check to make sure all cargo is secure.
Monitor weather and road conditions wherever you are traveling. In the event of inclement weather, use extra caution on roadways. For road conditions in Texas, visit https://drivetexas.org.
Need More Customers? Promote your website, business, products and services with an Online Advertisement at SeagovilleGazette.com for as little as $10 monthly!
Additionally, U.S. citizens traveling abroad should always check the U.S. Department of State website for the latest security information related to their travel destination. Those traveling out of the country can also register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program by visiting:
Source: Texas Department of Public Safety