Select Driver License Offices Open This Saturday to Issue EICs
AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is reminding Texans in advance of Primary Election Day on March 6 that Election Identification Certificates (EIC), which can be used for voting purposes, are available year-round at all Texas driver license offices. In an ongoing effort to ensure Texans have access to EICs, DPS is offering Saturday hours on March 3 at select driver license offices to issue EICs.
Voters who do not possess and cannot reasonably obtain one of the seven forms of approved photo identification, including EICs, have additional options at the polls. For information regarding required identification for voting in person, please visit https://www.votetexas.gov/register-to-vote/need-id.html.
Share Your News! SeagovilleGazette.com accepts Engagement, Wedding, Anniversary, Birth Announcements, Fundraisers, Community Events, Military News, Club/Organization Meetings, Obituaries and much more! Submit Your News today!
As mentioned, one form of identification that can be used for voting purposes is an EIC. However, if you already have any of the following forms of identification (which can also be used for voting purposes), you are not eligible for an EIC:
• Texas driver license – unexpired
• Texas personal identification card – unexpired
• Concealed Handgun License (CHL) or License to Carry (LTC) – unexpired
• U.S. passport book or card – unexpired
• U.S. Military identification with photo – unexpired
• U.S. Citizenship Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization with photo
Texans can obtain an EIC at:
• Any of the more than 230 Texas driver license offices during regular business hours throughout the year
• Select driver license offices on Saturday, March 3, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. (EIC transactions only)
• Alternate approved locations issuing only EICs in select counties
You may apply for an EIC at no charge by visiting one of the locations listed above and completing an application for a Texas Election Identification Certificate (DL-14C). (For the Spanish language version of the EIC application, see http://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/forms/DL-14CS.pdf).
To qualify for an EIC, an applicant must:
• Bring documentation to verify U.S. citizenship and Identity
• Be eligible to vote in Texas (Bring a valid voter registration card or submit a voter registration application through the Texas Department of Public Safety.)
• Be a Texas resident
• Be 17 years and 10 months or older
To avoid delays or complications, DPS urges potential applicants to make sure they have the necessary documentation before arriving at the office or alternate approved location.
Need More Customers? Promote your website, business, products and services with an Online Advertisement at SeagovilleGazette.com for as little as $10 monthly!
The EIC receipt an individual receives will include their photo and can be used for voting purposes until the permanent card is delivered by mail.
The EIC is free of charge to qualifying applicants and is valid for six years. There is no expiration date for an EIC for citizens 70 years of age or older. The EIC can only be used for voting purposes and may not be used as personal identification.
For more information on the requirements and process for obtaining an EIC, please visit: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/electionID.htm.
For more information on voting in Texas, visit the Secretary of State’s website: www.votetexas.gov.
Source: Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)