SEAGOVILLE – The Seagoville City Council will be having a regular meeting on Monday, Feb. 5th, inside the council chambers at city hall located at 702 North Highway 175. The Work Sessions starts at 6:30 p.m. and the Regular Session begins at 7 p.m.
Share Your News! SeagovilleGazette.com accepts Engagement, Wedding, Anniversary, Birth Announcements, Fundraisers, Community Events, Military News, Club/Organization Meetings, Obituaries and much more! Submit Your News today!
Below is the agenda for the upcoming meeting:
WORK SESSION – 6:30 P.M.
– Call to Order
– Website application presentation – Liz Gant
– Discuss regular session agenda items
REGULAR SESSION – 7:00 P.M.
ROUTINE ANNOUNCEMENTS, RECOGNITIONS, and PROCLAMATIONS
– Call to Order
– Pledge of Allegiance
– Mayor’s Report
Citizens Public Comment Period – This portion of the meeting is to allow each speaker up to six (6) minutes to address the council on items not posted on the current agenda. Council may not discuss these items but may respond with factual data or policy information, or place the item on a future agenda. Citizens wishing to speak on posted agenda items will be called upon at that time. Anyone wishing to speak shall submit a Speaker Request Form to the City Secretary.
The Consent Agenda contains items which are routine in nature and will be acted upon in one motion.
1. Consider approving City Council Meeting minutes for January 8, 2018 (City Secretary)
2. Approval of a Resolution ordering the General Election to be held May 5, 2018 (City Secretary)
3. Receive presentation of City of Seagoville’s First Quarter Financial Report for Fiscal Year 2018 (Finance Director)
4. Discuss and consider approving a Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute an lnterlocal Agreement between the City of Seagoville and North Central Texas Council of Governments for providing all the necessary information and databases for the implementation of Hyper-Reach in accordance with Texas Commission on State Emergency Communications Rules and Policy (Police Support Services Manager)
5. Discuss and consider approving a Resolution for professional services contract with Pipeline Analysis, LLC, for the purpose of performing various field tests and inspections of the wastewater collection system within Glen Road Lift Station Areas, preparing final reports containing recommended system repairs and the estimated costs associated with reducing wet weather inflow and infiltration in an amount not to exceed seventy thousand one hundred twenty-five dollars and no cents ($70,125.00) , which is attached hereto and incorporated herein as Attachment 1; authorizing the City Manager to execute said Agreement (Water Utilities Director)
Need More Customers? Promote your website, business, products and services with an Online Advertisement at SeagovilleGazette.com for as little as $10 monthly!
6. Receive an update on the Water Conservation Plan (Water Utilities Director)
7. Discuss and consider approving an Ordinance amending Chapter 13, “Offenses and Nuisances”, article 13.04, “Junked Vehicles”, Section 13.04.002, “Definitions”, and by amending Chapter 21, “Building Regulations”, article 21.02 “Technical and Construction Codes and Standards”, Division 10 “Property Maintenance Code”, Section 21.02.504, “Amendments,” to amend the definition of Junked Vehicles in order to be consistent with State Law (Community Development Director)
8. Receive an update on the Highway 175 Overlay District (Community Development Director)
9. Receive an update on the Sign Ordinance (Community Development Director)
10. Discuss and consider approving a Resolution declaring certain City property surplus and authorizing the City Manager to sell, trade, or dispose of the property in accordance with the process established in the Code of Ordinances (Community Development Director)
11. Discuss and consider approval of a Resolution authorizing the Mayor to accept the Police Department’s 2017 Racial Profiling Report (Police Chief)
12. Discuss and consider approving a Resolution authorizing the City Manager as the Grant Official for Grant Number 3439201 titled, High Power Ballistic Vest Project, and authorizing the submission of the grant application to the office of the Governor, Criminal Justice Division (Police Chief)
13. Receive an update concerning the establishment of boundary agreements with the Cities of Wilmer, Ferris, Combine, and Mesquite. (City Attorney)
14. Discuss and consider approving a Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a professional services agreement between the City of Seagoville and CGI Communications for production of a total of five online video tour chapters with subject matter that includes; welcome, education, healthy living, homes/real estate and community organizations, which is attached hereto and incorporated herein as Attachment A (Library Director)
15. Receive Councilmember Reports/Items of Community Interest – as authorized by Section 551.0415 of the Texas Government Code.
16. Future Agenda Items – Council to provide direction to staff regarding future agenda items. These items will not be discussed and no action will be taken at this meeting.
17. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Recess into Executive Session in compliance with Texas Government Code:
(A) Section 551.087: Discuss or deliberate regarding commercial or financial information that the City has received from a business prospect that the City seeks to have locate, stay, or expand in or near the City and with which the City is conducting economic development negotiations, and to deliberate the offer of a financial or other incentive to a business prospect, to wit: “Project Cake.”
18. Reconvene into Regular Session Council will reconvene into open session, and take action, if any, on matters discussed in Executive Session.
Source: City of Seagoville