SEAGOVILLE – The Seagoville City Council will hold a regular meeting on Monday, Jan. 4 inside the Council Chambers at City Hall located at 702 North Highway 175.
Council members will begin a work session at 6:30 p.m., and the regular meeting is slated to begin at 7:00 p.m.
The current city council consists of Mayor Dennis Childress, Mayor Pro Tem Tommy Lemond (Place 3), Rick Howard (Place 1), Jose “JoJo’ Hernandez (Place 2), Mike Fruin (Place 4) and Jon Epps (Place 5).
WORK SESSION AGENDA
1. Discussion of agenda item(s)
2. Staff Updates
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
• Pledge of Allegiance
• Mayor’s Report
• Recognition of Visitors | Proclamations | Presentations
• Citizens Public Comment Period*
* Each speaker will be allowed six (6) minutes to address the council on any item on the agenda except for Public Hearing items
lC. Approval of minutes.
2C. Approval of a Resolution adopting the 2015 Dallas County Hazard Mitigation Action Plan (HazMAP); and providing an effective date.
3C. Approval of a Resolution awarding a bid for the purchase of a 2016 Ford F450 Work Truck for a total cost of fifty six thousand five hundred twenty six dollars ($56,526.00); authorizing the City Manager to execute any and all necessary documents; and providing an effective date.
4. Discuss and consider an Ordinance amending the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance and Map of the City of Seagoville, Kaufinan County, Texas, as heretofore amended, by granting a change in zoning from Planned Development – 13-01 (PD-13-01) to Planned Development -13-01 Amended 1 (PD-13-01-Al) for the property located at 1706 South U.S. Highway 175, Seagoville, Kaufinan County, Texas, and being more particularly described as Lots 1, 2 and 3 Block A, of the Sudduth Addition of being legally described in Exhibit “A”, attached hereto and incorporated herein; providing for amended development regulations; providing for a repealing clause; providing for a severability clause; providing for a savings clause; providing for a penalty clause; providing for a fine not to exceed the sum of two thousand dollars ($2,000.00) for each offense; and providing an effective date.
5. Discuss and consider a Resolution ordering a Special Election to be held on May 7, 2016 to consider proposed amendments to the City of Seagoville Home Rule Charter; providing for election judge; providing for early voting; providing for the canvass of votes; and providing an effective date.
Discutir y considerar una resoluci6n ordenando una elecci6n especial a celebrarse el 7 de mayo de 2016 para examinar las enmiendas propuestas a la Carta de la ciudad de regla Casa Seagoville; proporcionar para la elecci6n de! juez; que prevea la votaci6n temprana; proporcionar para el escrutinio de los votos; y proporcionar una fecha efectiva.
6. Discuss and consider an Ordinance repealing Ordinance No. 17-03 which provides for the adoption of the City of Seagoville Policy and Procedures Manual; authorizing the City Manager to establish administrative directives, policies and procedures necessary to ensure fair and equal employment practices concerning the terms and conditions and administration of the city; providing a savings clause; and providing an effective date.
7. Discuss and consider accepting the resignation of Dennis K. Childress from the Seagoville Economic Development Corporation Board; and appointing a Councilmember to fill the unexpired term of Place 5 expiring in June 2017.
8. Discuss and consider adding “in God we trust” on all City vehicles.
9. Receive Councilmember Reports – Items of community interest regarding which no action will be taken, as authorized by Section 551.0415 of the Government Code.
10. Receive Citizen Comments – Citizens may speak 6 minutes each on any matter, other than personnel matters, or matters under litigation.
11. Receive Future Agenda Items – Items to be placed on a future agenda which no action or discussion will be taken at this meeting.
12. Recess into Executive Session in compliance with Texas Government Code Section 551.074, Personnel to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee, to wit: City Attorney.
13. Discuss any item and/or take any action necessary as a result of the Executive Session.
Source: City of Seagoville
Breast Cancer Support is a Breast Cancer charity providing care and helping breast cancer patients worldwide who can’t afford medication or treatment. We do not regard medicine and the ability to see a medical professional as a privilege, but a basic human right everyone should have regardless of their geographical location, race, age and background. So we’re fighting breast cancer in countries across the globe to reduce breast cancer mortality.