AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added Johnny Garcia, 35, to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives list, and a cash reward up to $7,500 is now being offered for information leading to his capture. Garcia, a Texas Mexican Mafia gang member, is wanted for parole violation and kidnapping.
Garcia, whose last known address was in Kirby, has ties to San Antonio, the Bexar County area and Dallas. Garcia’s criminal history includes convictions for assault, weapons offenses and drugs. In 2009, Garcia also was convicted of assaulting a public servant (corrections officer) while he was incarcerated in 2006. He was paroled in 2014, and has been wanted since April of this year.
In May 2016, Bexar County issued an arrest warrant for Garcia related to a kidnapping incident. For more information or updates in the event of his arrest, see his wanted bulletin at: http://www.dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/fugitiveDetails.aspx?id=332.
Garcia is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs approximately 210 pounds. He has numerous tattoos, including “Mexicano” on his neck; “XIII” on his abdomen; “Garcia” on his back; “Red Dog” on left leg; and a tear drop near left eye. He may also be known by the nicknames “Johnny Loco” or “Red Dog.”
Texas Crime Stoppers, which is funded by the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division, offers cash rewards to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest of one of the Texas 10 Most Wanted fugitives or sex offenders.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters must provide information to authorities using one of the five following methods:
– Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
– Text the letters “DPS” – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
– Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
– Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
– Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).
All tips are anonymous – regardless of how they are submitted, and tipsters will be provided a tip number instead of using a name.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and Sex Offender lists. You can find the current lists – with photos – on the DPS website at http://www.dps.texas.gov/texas10mostwanted/.
Do not attempt to apprehend these fugitives; they are considered armed and dangerous.
Affordable Newspaper Advertising! Promote your business and services with an advertisement at The Seagoville Gazette and increase your sales revenue. Click here to see our low ad rates!